Wednesday 28 October 2009

Sometimes the darkness comes

Isn't it funny how we can turn on a sixpence?

I've not had a bad day - been busy - earned some money, had a nice dinner with a friend.

And then the evening comes and the darkness descends, actually and metaphorically.

Probably I'm just tired, but right now I'm feeling vulnerable, scared and tearful.

I've been full of doubt recently; my life has gone through some changes, so this is probably a natural reaction. Often it's fine, my pride in my own courage is just one of the things keeping me buoyed up.

But then there are the times like now. Have a made the right choice at the right time? What happens if it all goes wrong? Will I recover from disaster?

I know, this is self-indulgence. My biggest fears are growing in the darkness. Perhaps I should try to sleep before they take me over.

May confidence find me by morning.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

What's the worst that could happen if it all starts to go wrong? Just shrug your shoulders have a good sleep....and it all looks better in the morning.....I realise this was yesterday and today was a new day...you can bounce, I know you can!