Wednesday 19 March 2008

The lows and highs of being a writer

First, the bad news.......

I haven't made the shortlist for the "wanna be a writer" comp.

On a realistic level, I didn't expect to, but there's always the dream.

Not only that, but when you're not given feedback (and none was promised, I'm not complaining), you have no idea of knowing if you were a nearly ran, or are, in fact, complete shite.

Then the good news......

Feedback from Assignment 4 of the Writers' Bureau course was much more positive. I should send my stuff of, says my tutor. (This is the course that has to give me my money back if I haven't earned my course fees back by the time I've finished).

Perhaps I will.

And the very exciting news........

One of my writing posse went to an "Agents and Publishers" day as part of her MA. The agent she spoke to wants to see more of her stuff. Of course I'm jealous - but very happy for her.

Onwards.....................................................

No comments: