Saturday 27 September 2008

Sorting out my queue

I have reached that stage where I have achieved SABLE (Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy) - but I'm still going to Ally Pally next month, I've got a list of things in my head that I want to make (Christmas and Birthday pressies mostly) and I just feel as though it's all chaotic and muddled.

In the past, this has been the stage where I've given up and gone to something else for a while (voracious reading, cookery, something like that).

I need to get organised (I do actually need to read more, too, but that can follow from the organisation).

I've sorted out the three most urgent things (Gloves for a birthday, a teacosy and a pair of sock for Christmas) and I shall start with them - this may lead me on to other things. Unfortunately, I started a teacosy earlier on a circular and after 4 rows of nearly 200 stitches a pop (it's a ruched cosy), I realised that there was a twist. Moebius teacosies are not that practical, I feel, so that was an unpick job.

Never mind - I do at least know where I'm going (the glove pattern worked out in the end), even if I don't know how much frogging it will take to get me there!

No comments: