Sunday 27 April 2008

Rejection and Depression

I really have got to deal with rejection a bit better.

I know that I'm coming off the anti-depressants, and so having a few more trips over to the dark side than previously, but really, I've got to grow up!

Synopsis

I handed my synopsis round to the writers' group, thinking that it was pretty good. Oh how wrong can I be. They absolutely pulled it apart.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in favour of the criticisms that they made, I'm just sooooo pissed off that they needed to make any!


Article.

Then I had an article flagged on Suite 101. Again, there is nothing wrong with the criticisms that were made and this is exactly the sort of thing I'm learning -but man, did I get the arse? I was ready to throw my toys out of the pram, and stop writing for them (yes, I'm sure they'd be gutted...). It took me a little while to calm down, and make the corrections, but now I'm a bit panicky about future articles. Okay, that may be a good thing, as I hopefully won't get complacent, but I'm now feeling like a nervous wreck!

Perhaps I should go back onto the happy pills after all?

Knitting is so much more civilised.

No comments: