Saturday 19 January 2008

At last - the start of draft 2

Writing

That's it - I've crossed that bridge, I've made that step, I've started the second draft.

I've changed the line spacing to three, printed the first chapter and then I've gone back to the comments my by my writing group girls, marking all editing needed onto my new print. On the plus side, I've managed to put in a couple of jokes and funny lines, so maybe I'm the sort of writer who does her comedy on the re-writes.

I can only take small steps at a time, but as it's taken me this long to even put my shoes on, I'm feeling quite happy.

Knitting.

I've got so many things on the go - a draught excluder for Brenda, a pair of socks for me, and a bathmat, and I've also worked out how many stitches I will need for the back of a waistcoat. Just call me Mrs Productive!

Life

Feeling a bit out of control at the moment - so much to do, so little time. I'm spending an awful amount of time on ravelry, joining and reading forums (fora?) etc, instead of getting on with real life. Is this a natural hibernation type behaviour? Resting to prepare myself for the next onslaught?

Or am I just a lazy cow?

No comments: