Sunday 6 January 2008

The saga of the gas flame cushion



My eldest sister bought herself a new Fiat Panda 4 x 4 in Red.





This became known as the Postman Pat van, and so I knitted her a black and white cat for it, courtesy of an Alan Dart pattern.


Unfortunately, she was coming home from work one day, when a 19 year old jumped some lights, and hit her car, writing it off.


The most important thing is that everyone is okay (a few muscle strains aside). The second important thing is that the 19 year old was insured, so big sis could get herself another car. Unfortunately, these models are rare in the UK (she'd had to wait ages for the red one), and so the only one she could get was blue.


Consequently, it is now known as the gas van (as you can see, my sister enjoys the unconditional support of the whole family). She still has the black and white cat, but this is no longer appropriate. My beloved suggested I make a gas mask for the cat (he's always there with the useful suggestions), but my niece had a far better idea of making one of the gas flames from the British Gas adverts.


Hence the cushion is made. I just hope she likes it!




No comments: