Sunday 11 November 2007

Lazy sunday afternoon

Knitting

Having now completed Brenda's cardigan, I'm working on her tea cosy. She's decided she wants an old fashioned one in yellow and grey squares. I'd got too shades of yellow at my last trip to a yarn shop, but no worries.

I've been rummaging through my grandmother's old patterns, and found just the thing, but I've had to make it a little bigger, to suit her pot.

I've never made one of these before, and it goes against the grain, as the pleats are formed by dragging the yarn across the back -i.e by doing it wrong!

I'm also going to start to put together all the "stash using up" squares into a blanket. That will be a mission, but I'm in no hurry.

I'm now on ravelry, which is rather exciting, so I must get all my works onto there.

Writing
I completed an assignment for the Writers' Bureau course this morning (I've had it for ages, and have been too busy writing to do any of it!

My guilt is assuaged.

Life.
Tomorrow is the 1st anniversary of my mother's death. Nuff said.

No comments: