Tuesday 23 October 2007

Chapter 17 is finished

I went very soggy in the middle for a while, but chapter 17 is now finished, and I feel like I've picked up the pace again. Not only that, I've been able to drop a few little clues to guide the reader towards the end, without being too laborious (I hope).



I'm nearly 75,000 words in, and I really feel as if I might get the first draft finished by the end of the year after all.



As a little reward, I allowed myself listening to Open Book (radio 4 - listen again), whilst knitting. It was a joy - even if I immediately unpicked what I was making (it was an idea for a "domino knitting" dog coat, but I don't think it's really going to work in its original incarnation), it was still nice to combine two lovely things for half an hour.



It has made me feel better, as I've been somewhat low of late, so it's nice to feel as though I'm making progress.



I made a couple of knitted roses over the weekend. I'm fairly pleased with how they've come out (certainly the best leaves yet), but they still need a bit of work (and more petals!)

No comments: