Saturday 20 October 2007

Shopping


Today I went to the new yarnstore I'd been told about.


It had a great selection of stuff, but the top of end of the market. I bought some Araucania Quellon (like the piccie, but more of a russet/blue combo) to make a scarf for my sister-in-law for Christmas.


Then best beloved went off to see Stiff Little Fingers in concert, and I hit the computer. 1200 words on Chapter 17 (thank God! I thought I was hitting a real dry spell), and I read through the work of members of my writing group. One of the group is absolutely brilliant - the way she constructs stories and characters - she is just fantastic. I am envious of her talent. She's currently doing an MA in writing, and thinking of going on to a D.Phil - personally, I think she should just go and get published, but what do I know?
Now I shall look through stitch pattern books - this makes me happy in a strange, possibly even sad way!
Come on England!

No comments: